Pages

1.13.2012

Benefit for Michael Adams

I don't know Michael Adams. I didn't know anything about him until yesterday afternoon when my friend Mackenzie sent me a link to his benefit website and asked if I would like to make a donation to their silent auction. Mackenzie doesn't know Michael Adams either, but her friend Kristin knows someone who knows him.

I love that the world can work this way. I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Michael and through the powers of generosity of spirit and technology his situation has been brought to my attention.

Michael was recently diagnosed with stage four cancer and his family, which includes a wife and three children, need help paying all of his medical bills. The benefit will be held on Saturday, January 14th at the Salvage Vanguard Theater in Austin from 5 to 8 p.m. There will be local musicians, a silent auction, kids activities and food. Donations can also be made on the website if you are unable to attend the benefit but still want to contribute.

Kristin met with me today and selected three of my things to add to the auction.
baby blanket
set of pot holders
purse with yellow duct tape lining
 I hope that the event will be a success tomorrow and I am glad that I had the opportunity to make my first donation so early in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment