Pages

7.05.2011

Quilt for the new addition

I made this quilt for my newest cousin (the 22nd first cousin in my mom's family), her baptism was on Sunday and this was my gift to her. Lately, I have been including famous quotes on my quilt labels, this one is by Thomas Jefferson. I also was fortunate enough to borrow my aunt's embroidery machine to embroider her name and birth date onto the quilt top.
Oh, I almost forgot! This is the first quilt that I quilted myself on the long arm machine at Scrap Happy Quilting. I was very nervous to quilt it, but it helped that the fabric is busy with flowers and the thread is a cream color, so any mistakes that I did make are very difficult to notice.

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.
-Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! As usual you did a wonderful job. I was away when Aunt Denise opened gifts but I heard later she was so happy about this quilt. I LOVE the Thomas Jefferson quote - so fitting for us, huh? Another great piece!

    ReplyDelete